Hamad Medical Corporation
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is Qatar’s premier healthcare provider, offering an array of primary, acute and tertiary care. This system includes a network of strategically located health care centres located throughout Qatar and governmental hospitals with over 1,300 total beds as detailed below. Hamad Medical Corporation also serves as a teaching facility for medical, nursing and other paramedical staff.
Embassy of Qatar - www.qatarembassy.org
Official Website of Qatar - www.experienceqatar.com
Urgent requirements for the expansion of The Pathology and Laboratory Medicine department:
Specialists and Consultants in the following fields:
You should possess an MD or equivalent primary degree and hold Board certification in your field of speciality (CCST or US BOARD).
Emergency Medicine Consultants.
Clinical Posts Opening
The Al Wakra Hospital of Hamad Medical Corporation is seeking candidates for the post of Consultants and Specialists.
Al Wakra Hospital is a facility of Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), the premier non-profit health care provider in Doha, Qatar. It is a government-funded institution providing 85% of the healthcare in the country through a network of 7 hospitals
Al Wakra Hospital opened in May 2011 to welcome and receive pediatric, medical, surgical and obstetric outpatients. In October of the same year the first inpatients were admitted to the pediatric ward. The 250-bed hospital is situated about a kilometer from the town center and has a distinctive circular "hub" with buildings attached in a pattern like spokes on a wheel. The building appears prominent and distinctive from the air as it is on the flight path leading to Doha airport, about a dozen kilometers away.
The hospital serves the immediate catchments relating to the towns of Al Wakra and Mesaieed in addition to an area that stretches south to the Saudi Arabian border. The total Al Wakra patient population is estimated at around 300,000. The excellent new road network from Doha means access is swift and easy. The fast population growth in both Qatar and the Al Wakra area means almost certainly that the new hospital facilities will be used extensively.
Qualifications: We are seeking high quality applicants who can contribute to our vision of becoming an internationally recognized integrated healthcare system acclaimed for excellence in healthcare, education and research and playing a premier role in the sustainability of health in Qatar. Candidates should possess an MD or equivalent primary degree and hold board certification in their field of specialty (CCST from UK, American Board from the US or comparable postgraduate degree). Applicants with postgraduate academic qualifications or interests will be especially welcome.
In particular, we are looking for Specialists and Consultants in the following fields:
Remuneration: An attractive and competitive recruitment package will be available. This includes a generous tax-free remuneration package, suitable accommodation, annual return tickets, fully-sponsored conference, and other benefits. All successful applicants will have an opportunity to be offered a faculty appointment at an appropriate level with Weill Cornell Medical College of Qatar.
The posts are both challenging and interesting, offering an alternative health career outside of the UK/Northern America with the opportunity to be at the forefront of a new and exciting initiative.
Qatar has the lifestyle and medical setting you are looking for - combined with the benefits of no income tax and a wide choice of international schools to provide an excellent education for your children.
Heart Hospital, HMC Qatar:
Cuban Hospital, HMC Qatar:
Other Hamad Medical Corporation vacancies:
Consultants – Orthopaedics Surgery
Specialists – Orthopaedics Surgery
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision and values.
2. Responsible for the organization and functioning of the department: The selection of staff and salary administration in coordination with Personnel Department, promotion approval and performance standards.
3. Plan, organize, direct and control the facilities management functions of the HMC, including but not limited to planning, design, construction, alteration, operation, maintenance, disposal and upgrading of plant facilities and equipments.
4. Develop short and long term goals and objectives of the department, in consultation with the Administration.
5. Recommendation and administration of the budget for the Engineering Department; ensure the department operates within the allocated funds.
6. Liaison between HMC and the Ministry of Public Health and other government departments as it relates to the Engineering function.
7. An effective and properly documented Preventive Maintenance Program for the facilities and equipments.
8. Establish and implement policies and procedure for department operation. Interpret and implement Corporate management policies to the organization.
9. Interface with and represent administration with professional consultants in areas of facilities planning, engineering and management.
10. Advise corporate management on facility planning ,and prepare annual budget for corporation capital projects.
11. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; and in particular infection control, safety and quality management.
12. Performs other duties as requested, including deputizing for the Director of Engineering in his absence.
Generous Tax free salary, dependant upon qualifications & experience. 50 days annual paid leave. 3 year renewable contracts. Fully furnished family accommodation provided free of charge. Private school fees paid for up to 3 children up to 18 years of age. Transportation allowance. Medical Treatment provided for employees. Free travel tickets provided for whole family. Annual Increments.
In the first instance, please forward full resume to:
Fax: (020) 7580 6242